Tuesday, April 22, 2014

American TV Shows: What's Next?

I was not that much into TV, until I had the rendezvous with Big Bang Theory in 2009. I had my engineering exam in 2 days and my friend (don't know if he still deserves it) gave me 2 full seasons of it. I started with the first episode, just to take some rest and from then begin my interest in BBT. I still remember that I did not picked up my book, until I finished all the episodes of both the seasons (16 + 23). Yes, it was so addictive. After that I have watched every episode of it and even now I am waiting for the next episode to be aired on 24th April 2014.

The next TV Show that I watched was Supernatural, it was recommended by my friend Soumen in 2013 I guess, when I was in Accenture. Unlike BBT, Supernatural lost its charm after some time. I just watched first 4 seasons. In supernatural some episodes were really good and bound me with the series, but most of the episodes were boring. Usually the trend was that first few and last few episodes were best and it was the in between shit that was unbearable.

The third TV show I saw was Suits, a different kind of TV show based on a legal drama. It was really good in beginning and I started binge-watching it. But with season 3, it also started to bore. There was nothing jaw-dropping in it. The lavish life of Harvey Specter and the charm of NY started to fade away and it took whole of my willpower to stop the season in middle; for greater good, I stopped the season 3 at episode 8.

Now, I am thinking, which TV show to watch next? House of Cards, Game of Thrones or 24. Hmm, tough choice. I am inclined towards Game of Thrones, but it is like that special series, which I want to watch with my full devotion. I don't want to watch it in parts or with a gap. Now, I am having holidays and I am in Toronto and thus, I don't get much time to spend on my laptop. So, it is difficult to convince myself to start Game of Thrones. The gore and adult scenes make that choice more tougher. Lets see what I decide. (Fingers crossed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment