Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Mobile Timeline

Till now, I have had a number of mobiles, this post is a collection to just remember the best gadget known in 21st century. 
  • Motorola T190: This was my first mobile phone which I started using around 2003. It was of a white color and the body was sleek and sturdy. There was a small antenna protruding from the top right corner, but overall the design was good. The best feature of the phone was the small size of the mobile. Today, I may be using any smartphone, but the feeling I got after using this phone was amazing. It did not had any features of today's smartphones, but truly your first mobile phone has a je ne sais qua which binds you with it. 
Motorola T190
  • Nokia 2300: Nokia's 2300 was my second mobile. I got it from my sister in 2006. It was then the new kid in town and was a head turner with its sleek design and eccentric keypad. It was of greyish color. The display was much better than the Motorola and it also had FM Radio. I still love this phone. I still remember the nights I wasted playing Snake II, Opposite and Space Impact + on it. I made huge high scores on it. It also had polyphonic ringtones and a composer where one can build one's own ringtones. I remember how I used to play with composer and trying to build a new tone.
Nokia 2300
  • LG KS 360: The next phone in line was the LG's KS 360. It was a blue color slider phone with QWERTY keypad and touch screen only on keypad. This was a little weird feature as the touchscreen only worked while dialing numbers. I used this phone a lot during my college. It also had a small camera, but the quality was moderate only. I bought this phone from my cousin around 2009 for 4000 bucks, but totally loved it.
LG KS 360

  • Nokia E63: This phone I got in 2011 from my brother. It was a red color candy bar shaped phone with a qwerty keyboard and other advanced features like Wi-Fi. I used this phone during my last year of college and the first year of my job. E63 also supported Symbian app store and I watched countless videos on YouTube on this phone.Other apps which I used a lot on this phone were Whatsapp, Word and few Java games. As of now, the phone is horrible situation. The back cover is fully cracked and is going to break. The keyboard has lot its luster and the battery life is pathetic. But, I cant remember the moments I had with this phone.
Nokia E63

  • Samsung Galaxy Note: This was the first mobile phone which I bought with my own money for myself in May 2012. I was so excited to buy it. Never before I had the chance to buy something for myself. It was a top end Android phone with all the best features of the time. It was like a dream come true. I spent 1.5 times my monthly income on this phone. Now, I believe how naive I was. It got stolen at a bus stop one month later; even before I had the chance to pay the first EMI.
Samsung Galaxy Note
  • Nokia Lumia 720: The latest smartphone still with me is the Lumia 720 powered with Windows Phone 8. It is a gorgeous phone with great look and smart features. I am loving it even more than the Note. There are very few apps in comparison with Android or iOS, but it feels good to use. My phone is yellow colored and to truly say, I am still in fear that it is not stolen again. Don't know when I will overcome this feeling.

This is the list of phones till September 2013. Lets see who's next...

No comments:

Post a Comment