Monday, May 27, 2013

Some Chits and Bits

This weekend had been great. After a long time, found some leisure for myself. It all started when my manager asked me for a report at 10:30 pm on Thursday; I was tired and was in no mood to work. But, management doesn't gives a damn to this. I had to generate the defect report. I finished my work around 2:30 a.m and informed my supervisor that I would be working from home the next day. He also agreed readily. After that, I thought of sleeping, but the sleep was now miles away. So, I started surfing the web. I never knew, what led to what and when I saw the clock again, it was 4 a.m. So, I closed my laptop hastily and went to sleep. This was the beginning of a fabulous weekend.

I watched the movie 'The Road' on Friday night, it was a post-apocalyptic story of father and a son, trying to survive on the harsh planet  by all means possible. Even though I have watched a lot of movies on the same genre, I liked this one particularly for the common theme observed all across the movie, the parts of movie, were strewn very skillfully. Moreover, near the end where the father knows that he will die in some time, but still he pushes to teach his son, so that he can survive here, after he is gone. The relationship between a father and a son has been portrayed very beautifully. The ending was a little unpredictable for me, as I thought something interesting will happen to the boy after his father's death, but all that happens that  he meets another veteran survival family who adopts him. But, still I enjoyed the movie.

Both these nights, I have slept late and enjoyed the sleep by waking up post noon. Today, I read few chapters of 'Glimpses of World History' where the topic was about Napoleon and the events happening all over the world around that time. I found Napoleon to be a strong, powerful personality who thundered whole of the Europe through his continuous conquests. I also watched the 5th episode of 'America : The story of US'. The episode told the tale of American Civil War and how the North was able to defeat the South with the cunning use of better logistics, faster communication and a stronger industry even though the South had a military superiority. The credit of this major win goes to the cunning mind of 'Abraham Lincoln' who knew that a better logistical and communication system will give the military a edge over the others.

And here I am finally pouring some thoughts here for storage, so that they are not lost in the deluge of the infinite others I will get as my age progresses ahead. Here, they will be permanent; atleast till Google doesn't shuts the Blogger down as it did with the beloved 'Google Reader' and still its motto is 'Don't Be Evil'. What a Joke!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment