Friday, November 30, 2012

Supernatural : Good. Evil. And everyone in between.

I had watched the advertisements of the famous TV Show Supernatural earlier, but never got the chance to see it. It started when we took a PG in Bangalore and my friend Soumen recommended me to watch this show. The earlier seasons used to air on Star World and I watched few of them. I liked the show and decided to watch it from first season. So, I took all the episodes from a friend and started to watch from first season. But, as I watched the show more, I came to an opinion that it becomes boring in the middle of the season. The underlying story doesn't catches up in every episode and for few episodes they just hunt another supernatural entity. It is like watching a same kind of wrestling match everyday with results known to you.

But I liked the connection of stories to our real world myths or legends. Each episode can be tracked to some legend and later reading about it makes it more interesting. Erick Kripke has taken the legends from every part of world. But after watching the first three seasons, I am now bored of the series and have decided to watch no more. The characters of Sam and Dean are really well crafted. I especially liked the macho, daring character of Dean. But, after watching 58 episodes, a sort of redundancy starts to arise.

I also like the role of Yellow Eyed Demon - Azazel, who went on to be a fuzz rather than the mysterious powerful demon I thought he would be. Actually, I am disappointed by the series; I believe it could have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment